I am glad that I can launch a year program for botanical art at Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods. Below is summary about it. If you are interested, please contact me for more information. Or if you have friends who want to learn botanical art, please share it. Thank you!
One Year Courses: July 2014 ~ June 2015
1. Monday Botanical Art Workshops: Four Mondays Each Month
2. Saturday Botanical Art Workshops: 3rd & 4th Saturdays Each Month
Aim of the courses:
These courses are designed for botanical art students of all levels who are willing to make commitment to learn or improve drawing and painting skills. The most basic but most important techniques will be studied through the courses with continuity, so that students can truly absorb the techniques and apply them intuitively. No need to memorize or take notes all the time, and forget!
How it operate:
Students are encouraged to register for the full year.
1st & 2nd weeks: students will focus on honing techniques with instructor’s guide and demonstration.
3rd & 4th weeks: students will work on their own projects with instructor’s personal assistance.
In this way, students can create body of works with strategic plan along with the learning process.
3rd & 4th Saturdays: the same teaching contents will be adapted for those who cannot make Mondays.
Benefits for one- year registrants:
Discounts: 25% off for Monday Workshops, 10% off for Saturday Workshops
An exhibition opportunity at Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods during Nov and Dec 2015
When students miss Mondays, they can make up on Saturdays.
Fees & Time:
1. Monday Botanical Art Workshops:
Time: 10 am – 4 pm, four Mondays each month (except December), from July 2014 to June 2015
Fee: 25% off when register for the full year - Students pay for 3 Mondays and take 4 Mondays.)
($85 each day x 4 Mondays = $340 x 11 Months = $3,740 → 25% off= $2,805)
2. Saturday Botanical Art Workshops:
Time: 10 am – 4 pm, 3rd and 4th Saturdays each month (except December), from July 2014 to June 2015
Fee: 10% off when register for the full year
($85 each day x 2 Saturdays = $170 x 11 Months = $1,870. → 10% off = $1,683)
There are flexible payment options.
Syllabus for Monday Botanical Art Workshops 2014/2015
1. July (7, 14, 21, 28): Highlight & shadow 1
2. August (4, 11, 18, 25): Highlight & shadow 2
3. September (8, 15, 22, 29, no class on Labor Day): Drawing and painting objects on clusters
4. October (6, 13, 20, 27): Painting leaves -mixing greens
5. November (3, 10, 17, 24): Painting Poinsettia- focusing on cast shadows
6. January (5, 12, 19): Painting favorite house plant - focusing on composition
7. February (2, 9, 16, 23): Flower study- close-ups & dissections -bold & modern design
8. March (2, 9, 16, 23, 30): Painting bulbs with flowers- Tulip or Amaryllis - rich colors
9. April (6, 13, 20, 27): Bringing drawing skill to the next level - some secretes for elegant drawing
10. May (4, 11, 18, 25): Drawing sunflowers with graphite pencil or ink - study of flower structures
11. June (1, 8, 15, 22): Painting sunflower- focusing on hairy bracts on the back side - Get the details!
Syllabus for Saturday Botanical Art Workshops 2014/2015
The same contents adapted appropriately for shorter sessions.
See Monday syllabus for details!
Dates for the workshops
1. July 19, 26: Highlight & shadow 1
2. Aug 16, 23: Highlight & shadow 2
3. Sept 20, 27: Drawing and painting objects on clusters
4. Oct 4, 25: Painting leaves
5. Nov 8, 22: Painting Poinsettia
6. Jan 10. 24: : Painting favorite house plant
7. Feb 21, 28: Flower study- close-ups & dissections
8. Mar 21, 28: Painting bulbs with flowers- Tulip or Amaryllis
9. Apr 11, 25: Bringing drawing skill to the next level
10. May 9, 23: : Drawing lily with graphite pencil or ink
11. June 20, 27: Painting iris - focusing on hairy bracts on the back side
For registration or more information,
Contact directly Heeyoung Kim - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 847.903.7348
All classes are at Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods
21850 N. Riverwoods Rd, Riverwoods, IL 60015 Phone: 847.968.3343
For teaching and others: www.heeyoungkim.com
For Images of artworks: www.project200imagebank.com